Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Will YOU Defend?

Hey, people!

Today, we celebrate our Civil Defense Day, which brings to mind, our Total Defense Day. It was celebrated on February 15. Today's question will be, what will YOU, as a Singaporean, defend if Singapore were to face a crisis?

For some, it can be family, friends, a favourite object, or their school, their neighborhood or way of life. Whatever it is, it is sure to have some meaningful impact in your life. Although our answers may be different, it does reflect our uniqueness, our diversity, and that is what pulls us closer as a community.

A favourite object does not have to mean a toy or a gift that you treasure, but perhaps Mommy's present to me that signifies and shows her love. It may not have to be beautiful and expensive. Even a handmade blanket can be what you cherish. For parents, it can be a messy artwork made by your child. One that shows the sincerity in every dot or dash.

For others, it may be your family. Not only because they are your blood and kin, but because they were the ones who stood by you, always encouraging you on during difficult times. And, like others, it can be your friends. This is because true friends usually mean a great deal to you. They would always able to understand you better, always able to help you when you are in trouble. They always stand by you, never leaving you to cope on your own. That could be the reason you treasure your friends.


What will you treasure? It may not have to be what has just been written, but something else, something special to you. Comment your thoughts and ideas on this blog!

Thank you,
FUNation Identity Co.

9 comments:

  1. I will prefer treasure my family. Considering that they are the ones whom have showered me with love, I do not think that a toy that my mother/father has given to me can compare with a mother's/father's love. Of course, I would like it even more if there were no attacks on Singapore. :) Sorry for posting, I -felt bored- couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? I will defend the peace and freedom. Basically, peace and freedom has a great impact on my life. Without peace, I would not be able to live my life well. I would not be able to go outside if disharmony were to roam the streets. Freedom would also play an important part in my life, as someone who likes to explore Singapore, this would restrict my movements everywhere.
    Thus, I definetely treasure our peace and freedom in Singapore. That is definetely what I will treasure.
    ~ Katherine Tan, 45, Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, my family is what I will defend... I will defend my family as families are the basic block starters for the nation...With no families, there will be no country. If Singapore did meet a crisis, I am sure that if all the families leave Singapore, Singapore will never be able to stand up again and fight back. I want Singapore to be submerged in glory.

    ~Chuah Ah Pnee, 51, Engineer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine may be a rather wide category, but I would rather save than sacrifice. I want to defend my country. This is where I was born, where I grew up, where I breathed my first breath. I will always feel a sense of belonging to Singapore, my home.

    ~Joy, 11, RGPS 5R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would defend the whole country, even if that's too big a dream. Singapore is where I took my first breath, where I first played in, and where I grew up in.
    ~Chuah Yuxin, 21, Student, America
    I would defend my family. My family showed me the first sights of Earth, they showed me how to care, and they also showed me how to behave. If not for them, I'll probably be a smoker and drugger, walking in the streets homeless and careless, in the end ending up with a bad ''xia chang'' (What's the English for that?)
    ~Chuah Yuhui, 19, Student, France

    -Yuhan here-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Yuhan (the first post, not the second or the third. Anyway my parents are the most important things in my life (my friends are second-most-important). My parents were the ones who raised me, while my one or two toys stared at me uselessly. You choose: the caring parents or the useless toys?
    Anyway, I do not really know which country to defend as I am torn between two - China and Singapore. I enjoyed my days there, and all my relatives live there (boo hoo, no Chinese New Year red packets for me), but I spent most of my life in Singapore. The few other places that I have been to (Thailand. Well, maybe 'the only other place I have been to") do not count, and anyway I left Thailand a day before the tsunami, so I do not have any good feelings for them anyway anyway anyway.
    Ahhh...
    Kaiying
    (BTW I have no idea why I put an "Ahhh..." there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will defend my family, my memories, and also my Singapore (shared S'pore. Whatever.) Reasons below...
    Family - Must I? I mean, who wouldn't protect their family? They were é ones who taught us pratically everything we know now: how to talk, how to walk, how to wear clothes and other essential stuff, and, of course, how to love friends and family. Need I say more?

    Memories - All I keep close to my heart. Happy memories...First time to é zoo, to my first kindergarten, to é Night Safari, & first time on a plane (1h flight okay?). Sad ones...Let's not talk about them. Basically, I keep happy memories because they're...well, happy. The sad memories because they help me remember things that hurt me or things that went wrong, and they help me mature.

    My Singapore!!! - This is é place I grew up, the place I took my first breath, where my memories are, where basically everything is. I want it to stay that way.

    ~Phoebe, signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of what we will defend, I think that the item/idea that we will defend will eventually turn into one of the reasons that will draw us back to Singapore. For example, if we want to defend our family, we will always feel the need to come back from wherever we are to defend our family.

    Jiayu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll defends my family and my friends..coz they're de ones who care for me most and stood by me etc.

    ReplyDelete